Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Buying Epoxy Garage Floor Materials

One of the primary questions I get from potential customers when I visit them for a free estimate on their epoxy garage floor job is whether or not they can do it themselves. They want to know where they can get epoxy garage floor materials and if it is possible to do the job on their own. If they are anything like me, they want to make sure they are not overpaying for something they could do on their own.

The truth is, an epoxy garage floor is something you might be able to do on your own. If you've read the previous posts on here, I've laid out the basic process for installing an epoxy garage floor and even pointed out some of the pitfalls that may be encountered along the way. There are do-it-yourself epoxy floor products that can be bought at your local Lowe's, Home Depot, or Ace Hardware Store. They range in price from $150-$250 per batch, depending on the quality of the product you want.

So why do you even need an epoxy floor professional, you might be asking. Well, there are actually several reasons. First, I get my epoxy garage floor products much cheaper than you could ever get them, not because I have some sweetheart deal with an epoxy distributor, but because I buy enough product to get wholesale prices. That means I can get the same product you can for significantly cheaper.

Doesn't matter though, because I charge for labor and then for some profit on top of that, eating up whatever wholesale savings I receive, right? That is right. But on top of that, I have years and years of experience installing epoxy floor products, in garages, sheds, warehouses, and anywhere else you might find an epoxy garage floor. This means I've had easy, straightforward jobs and I've had messy, difficult jobs. And I have had to deal with all of the problems that come up, not you, the home or business owner. That in and of itself is worth the prices we charge at Holland Construction.

In the end, this is a job you can do yourself. And I encourage you to give it a shot. Many people are mechanically inclined enough to do-it-yourself epoxy garage floor. But think about the time and effort that you will lose trying to do it yourself. Is saving a couple hundred bucks worth losing a weekend and potentially having to call us in anyway? If it is, we are okay with that. We have installed almost as many epoxy floors after someone tried to and messed up as we have from scratch.

So, remember, for all your Wichita, Kansas area epoxy garage floor, painting, and contracting needs, please give Holland Construction a call. We won't let you down.

No comments: